It’s that time of the year again, when I have one posting on my blog. I keep saying I will blog regularly as I have a new business idea to realize. Life and stress gets the best of me and it’s been quite the struggle.
First off, a day off from work. A much needed break where I can just take time out for myself and breathe. I just want to hang out on my own. I may go for a run as I was spoiled with a GPS watch this year and I’m really excited about that. I will head to MoPoP and check out the Star Trek exhibition before it leaves in April. I’m a huge dork but I don’t care I love this stuff.
I saw Ali Wong over the weekend and that was a great kick start to my birthday, her humour is so relevant to my life right now.
My last birthday post was 2 years ago so what has happened since:
- I’m still working full time but in a new team and my colleagues are great. Everyone is in a different stage in life but all super helpful when you have one or a million questions. Plus I like our discussions about the question of the day.
- Lilsoak is officially closed for business. I still think about the second iteration a lot and I have some ideas but I need more time to think it through.
- I have been sewing and drawing more this past year as a way to relieve stress and it’s been good. I hope to do more little projects like this.
- We have care for the kids since J came into our lives last year and it’s given some breathing space from all the busy parenting. Like Ali Wong says “I work so I can have someone else take care of my kids”.
- I coloured my hair teal blue. It has since turned green and yellow. This is my chinese cheapness coming through by not getting it recoloured because I want a new camera and computer instead.
- Ballerina Monster never ceases to amaze me with all her new learnings from preschool. I think she is ready for kindergarten.
- The dude is always amazing me with his reading skills. He is reading chapter books now. I’m proud of his growth in this aspect.
- I have connected to a good community group at Quest Church. It’s been a wonderful time of sharing and refreshing the spirit.
- I have friends in Seattle now. Whoa. Crazy.
- Reconnecting with old friends has been good for the soul.
There’s more but my brain is oh so tired.