This is late. I am struggling with the day to day. I’m trying to stay positive. I get annoyed with GOOP experts telling me depression is that I’m not eating right. I know it’s not that and I’m trying to will myself up every day to get on with the routine but I again I feel beat down.
It’s a joy to see this little dude grow though. He has a lot of things that drives me nuts but it’s all in the hills and valleys of raising a good decent kid that will go out in the world and do better.
- He loves to read and he has been into reading about dragons, fantasy books and Wonder. He really like Dav Pilkey and his Dog Man series books.
- He is growing like a weed and starting to eat me out of the fridge. He often has second breakfasts.
- He is still really energetic and he needs a sport to really just let all that energy out so I have in multiple activities.
- He likes math!
- He is a sensitive fella and is starting to think a little deeper about things
- He sees the world in black and white of fair and not fair
- He still whinges
- He still gets up at the crack of dawn.
- He is loud.
- He tries to help his sister get out of the corner and they play well for a awhile but something breaks out with some kind of unfair play and they start to bicker back and forth.
- He surprises me with hugs (I will miss this when he thinks his ma isn’t so cool)
- He is into watching Avatar these days but he likes original programming from Amazon like Gortimor and Just Like Magic. I see the tween in him already.
He is my original. Thinking back to my beginning days of bad post partum and hospital illness — I can’t believe he is 8. Happy birthday original spawn. You are one of a kind.